Board meeting notes 2013-04-22

From MidsouthMakers - Memphis Area Hackerpace
Jump to: navigation, search
<< 2013-03-18 Board Meeting Minutes 2013-05-20 >>


Attendance

This meeting is missing the attendance list.

Agenda

Financial Update

  • Accounts
    • Accounts Total $4413.05
    • Laser Cutter Fund $1933
    • General Fund $2480.05
  • Current Paying Members:
    • Pending Members:

Group Information

  • Dan & Joe: check to make sure official paperwork is up to date
    • Dan has to get mail from Glenn (old landlord)

Event Discussion

  • LAN Party went well. ~20-25 people
  • 6 from Jackson, TN. 2 from Southhaven
  • May event?
    • Board Etching
    • Brad Dunagan came by and would like to do a day where he comes in and show us what he knows about the Mill and Lathe
  • HackMemphis.com
    • Goal to be a Memphis Hackathon bringing Developers & Hardware hackers together
    • As much as possible be branded "MidsouthMakers"
    • Initial call for support has about 3-4 people outside MM to help plan
    • Possible 1 day event or weekend event.
    • Sponsors for food / drink. Location. Bandwidth, Server Infrastructure for development / testing
    • Planning to push heavily on the local user groups to help spread the word

Next Board Meeting

  • 5/13 or 5/20


Notes

Comes to Order @ 19:00

Financial Update

  • Accounts
    • Accounts Total $4413.05
    • Laser Cutter Fund $1933
    • General Fund $2480.05
  • Current Paying Members: 37 Members
    • Pending Members: Darin A. Craig H, Patrick P, Hunter G

Group Information

  • Dan Has paperwork, has renewal completed
Event Discussion
  • LAN Party went well. ~20-25 people
  • 6 from Jackson, TN. 2 from Southhaven
  • May event?
    • Board Etching
    • Brad Dunagan came by and would like to do a day where he comes in and show us what he knows about the Mill and Lathe
  • HackMemphis.com
    • Goal to be a Memphis Hackathon bringing Developers & Hardware hackers together
    • As much as possible be branded "MidsouthMakers"
    • Initial call for support has about 3-4 people outside MM to help plan
    • Possible 1 day event or weekend event.
    • Sponsors for food / drink. Location. Bandwidth, Server Infrastructure for development / testing
    • Planning to push heavily on the local user groups to help spread the word

Correspondence

  • Barger - Hacker Scouts
    • Offer them event space / event infrastructure
  • Cobb- Helping with the Kroc center exhibits
    • Claudio schedule a time to visit with Dan
  • Seale- 3d scanning- Dan will send his response previously sent to the board

Next Board Meeting

  • 5/20 - tentative

Meeting Adjourned @ 19:40