Meeting notes 2010-04-09
From MidsouthMakers - Memphis Area Hackerpace
|<< 2010-04-02||Meeting Minutes||2010-04-16 >>|
See Flicker for pictures
- We've opened the bank account. To move forward we need to collect dues for a slush fund.
- Minimum $1500 ~ 2 months rent, estimated 3 months to build.
- Soldering class April 16th, dry run for May 14th.
- We have been invited to makers local and hacker consortium on 2 of the weekends in June.
- Fund raising
- Geek Prom
- Electronic Kits
- Snack Basket
- Bake Sale
- swap Meet
- Garage Sale
- Coin jar
- Shopping Card that supports the group
- Repair Day
- Battle Bots
- Art show
- Wine and Cheese event
Comes to Order @ 7:16pm
- We have a paypal account for donations / membership dues.
- Kits for the soldering class next week have been ordered.
- We will be reselling make magazine subscriptions which benifit the group.
- We're meeting with a realtor from Crye Leike.
- What do we want in a space
- Chem / Eye wash station
- Water Access
- Office / Conference
- Kitchen / Bath
- Car / Auto Bay / Loading Dock
- Weight limit on floor space
- Ventilation and Access
- Ramp entrance
- Floor Drain
- Roy brought some urethane mold that he's working on to cast concrete.
- Rick bent some plexiglass to create a base for an old style compass to mount it on the car dash.
- Jamees brought in some solor panels from a robot build
- Kevin brought in a hack that allows his Amiga to use a SD card as a hard drive via IDE to SCSI, and SD to IDE
- handing out flyers at area festivals
- cooper young festival
- Greek and Italian Fest
- Public Events of our own
- Local media