|Tool Category||Tool -> Power Tool|
|Availability||Anyone may use|
The Sandblasting cabinet is built into it's dedicated work station in the shop.
- Usable Blasting Area: Approx 18in x 24in x 10in of comfortable working space.
- Operational PSI: 60-130psi
- A light
- Sandblasting Nozzles (available at HF and Northern tool)
- Glass window 18x24in (Available at lowes in replacement glass section)
- Abrasive media
- Shopvac filter
Blasting Media Vendors
Recommended Safety Equipment
- Integrated work gloves
- Eye protection
Prior to each use
- BLASTING MEDIA MUST BE KEPT DRY AT ALL COSTS!
- Do not point blasting nozzle at the window. It will etch the glass.
- Check nozzle for tightness and for wear before each use.
- Shop vac is connected to the vacuum port and turned on. Shop vac is used to clear dust from field of view and apply negative pressure to seal the cover.
After each use
- Sweep the blasting media back into the collection chamber
- Close the valve from the air compressor leading to the air hose
- Bleed the air hose regulator
- Empty the shopvac
Please leave a donation for any sandblasting use. Blasting media costs on average $40 for 50lb. You can donate by giving cash to a board member or with paypal. Make a donation now.
|Compressor||Air hose||Gun||Quick Connects||Glove size|
|High CFM Compressor||Standard 3/8 hose with swivel end||Ebay Special||Harbor Freight Specials||FAT|
Please refer to Blasting Media Comparison Chart to determine your needed blasting media.
|Aluminum Oxide||Glass Bead||Walnut Shell|
|Rough Finish||Satin Finish|
|70 Grit||80 Grit||varies|
|44lb on hand|
- 09/24/2013 First usage