Board meeting notes 2021-03-26

From MidsouthMakers - Memphis Area Hackerpace
Revision as of 00:25, 27 March 2021 by Jferguson (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
<< 2021-02-26 Board Meeting Minutes none


Attendance

Daniel H, Joe F, Rich T, Ben E, Renee T, Danny C, Brant S Count: 7

Agenda

Previous Action Item Update

  • Should we moderate the public channel to be PG-13? It's the entry point for random people and I know we're all weird AF, but we should at least try not to use FUCK too much or talking too much about genitals in the public channel
  • Create a working committee to create a proposal to the board about adding a membership type of Supporter.

Financial

  • Treasurer Report

PNL Feb 2021- $919.78 First winter where we didn't have a $350 utility bill! April 19th we start paying rent again

Roughly $14k runway. Increase member base to cover expenses. Back to in-person meetings and recruiting and outreach.

Require mask usage to public open houses. Recommended full vaccination for our members and visitors.

Mid-April ~16th Board Meeting for 4 weeks Plan to reopen the makerspace. Rich looking into CDC/Health Dept. guidelines.

Create a working committee to create a proposal to the board about adding a membership type of Supporter. Joe will lead starting in April.

How to ensure RFID apps and roles in discord stay up to date? members shouldn't lose access if our infra falls over.

Action Items

  • General Chat should go PG-13 asap.
  • Write up discord for Public VS Private
  • We would announce fee structure change, supporter role (pay way you want w/ $ min) - Part of that is no fee increases for both personal & family members through the end of 2021 as long as you're a member during 2021. ASSUMING Membership levels stay.