Difference between revisions of "Board meeting notes 2023-11-17"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Latest revision as of 01:14, 18 November 2023
|Board Meeting November 17 2023 redirect recommended|
|Board Meeting November 17th 2023 redirect recommended|
|Board Meeting Nov 17 2023 redirect recommended|
|Board Meeting Nov 17th 2023 redirect recommended|
|November 17 2023 Board Meeting redirect recommended|
|November 17th 2023 Board Meeting redirect recommended|
|Nov 17 2023 Board Meeting redirect recommended|
|Nov 17th 2023 Board Meeting redirect recommended|
|<< 2023-10-20||Board Meeting Minutes||2023-12-07 >>|
This meeting is missing the attendance list.
- Finance Overview (Brant)
- Membership News (Brant)
- Parking lot lighting status (Scott)
- Roland vinyl cutter disposition
- Update from Phillip on MCFC table turnout and what should we do differently for 2 upcoming cons
- Shadowcon Friday January 5th and 6th at Brooks Travelodge and ABC remix the following weekend at the Landers center. Flyers have been generated to promote the cosplay workshop. Logistics discussion manning tables, etc. (Danny)
- EVA Cosplay workshop proposal for Hjanua20th (Danny)
- Call for volunteers to install ceiling tiles along with date and time
- Board member election update (Joe)
- Survey Status: (Scott)
- Double billed because of how utility bills fell this month. Bought ceiling tiles.
- PayPal revenue normal. All in all down $395 in October caused by us essentially paying a month ahead on utilities.
- Members is on PayPal Payments even the cash holdout. 48/50 keys / members (including family memberships)
- 1 new member Michael, been to 2 open house. Approved to keys
- Parking lot Lighting: Scott got a response from mlgw and waiting on a work order. moving very slow in the process. Herb might have lighting idea. Rene also has solar stadium light idea.
- Roland vinyl cutter disposition: Scott will take it to the scrap yard. Raffle off ? Offer it. Brant to mention it to Members
- Philip update: MCFC Turnout - went well. Saturday was best day / best turnout. A lot of interesting / asking. Printed out whistles. Needs more example prints to show off what's possible. Rotating display with projects pictures and promo flyers
- Cosplay workshop Review: Approved. Cost is $14.76 each. $20 non members, $15 for members limit 10 person class. Aimed at beginners. Teens + Under 18 has to have guardian.
- Reddit Account for MidsouthMakers? Joe will look into it.
- Shadowcon: We're all set for a booth and a panel. Danny has talked to Aubry and the others. 6th is main day. Nothing Sunday
- KC Computers wants to get in touch to do something? Wants to reach out.
- ABC Remix: Danny will reach out to them Easier to get helpers cause they'll get free admission? Saturday 13th at landers center.
- Need more helpers for events and conferences. Some kind of sign up / form or a list of people (maybe discord role?)
- Philip posting to Facebook.
- Ceiling tiles are here, we need to install them. We need volunteers to help. We need to pick a date.
- Board nominations have been verified see https://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/a/Board_Election_for_2024
- Next board needs to focus on growth and teaching the next generation of leaderships.
- Survey results: 3 responses. Shared knowledge and community. Ability to come and go 24/7 access. Are plus' to the space
- Survey Results Rene busted his ass cleaning up the catacombs.
- Things they didn't like about space: Lack of expertise in specific areas / tools. Ongoing issue of project storage / moving projects. Use of Discord.
- Changes: more workshops, classes, training on tools. art classes. More structured training?
- Danny, piHut advent calendar thepihut.com/advent Danny recording videos to post.
- Rene discussing making a prop competition. 2 month lead up. General public come in to vote? Maybe come during open house. Nice Member project?
- Painted pumpkins for halloween? Foam cutout pumpkins.
- Chris H offered to laser cut a larger QR code. Do it.
- PCB Way might sponsor an event. Danny will reach out to them