Installing a programmable thermostat
|Installing a programmable thermostat|
|Started On||May 2011|
We've had a few Air Conditioning mishaps lately. We've also had a problem with the air being turned down and left down for days at a time. So to combat this problem today I ventured into Home Depot and picked up a Honeywell Programmable Thermostat. It's a very simple and basic 5-2 day thermostat. The 5-2 day means that it can have 2 different schedules, one for the week and one for the weekend. The thermostat boasts that it could save us up to 33% on our energy bill depending on our region and if it's used as directed. We'll definitely have to see about that.
The actual installation process is supposed to take 15 minutes according to the packaging. This is the first thermostat I've installed so I went and watched a couple of videos and was pretty confident I could figure it out.
We've got our new thermostat all installed and programmed to keep the space at 74 degrees. The installation process took about 20 minutes. Had some assistance from Chris and Sonny and we got it all worked out. We'll see how our bill turns out over the next couple of months!
The Honeywell 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat with Back light has a simple interface and offers separate weekday and weekend programming with up to 4 periods per day. Your home can be ready for you at the temperature you like based on your wake-up time, work schedule or other preferences. It maintains accuracy to within 1 degree Fahrenheit and offers energy savings of up to 33% when used as directed.
- Program for the weekdays and weekends with 4 program periods per day
- Offers day- or night-time comfort and energy-saving efficiency
- Easy to use, basic operation keeps programming easy
- Precise +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit temperature control
- Back lit display for easy viewing even in dimly lit rooms or hallways
- Designed to install in approximately 15 minutes
- Compatible with heating and cooling systems plus heat pumps without auxiliary heat
- MFG Brand Name : Honeywell
- MFG Model # : RTH2300B
- MFG Part # : RTH2300B
Bill of Materials
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostat: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202024248/h_d2/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&keyword=rth2300b&jspStoreDir=hdus&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&navFlow=3&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search
- AAA Batteries