Lulzbot AO-101 3D Printer
|Lulzbot AO-101 3D Printer|
|Tool Category||Tool -> CNC Tool|
|Availability||Training required to use|
|This tool is to be only used by authorized users. If you wish to learn how to use this tool please contact one of the authorized individuals.|
|Questions? Talk to Claudio, Ben, Dan or Cliff for help or more information.|
The LulzBot AO-101 3D Printer is currently on it's dedicated work station in the common room next to the vinyl cutter. Or at least will be after 5/24/2013.
- Usable Print Area: 200mm x 190mm x 100mm (7.9in x 7.5in x 3.9in)
- Top Print Speed: 150mm/sec
- Print Tolerance: 0.2mm (0.008in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.075mm (0.0029in) to 0.4mm
- Stock filament size: 3mm
- ABS 3mm plastic filament
- PLA 3mm plastic filament
- Nylon 3mm plastic filament
- Laywoo-D3 plastic filament
- PET print surface on a borosilicate glass bed
- ABS & acetone solution (for ABS first layer adhesion)
Allowed Filament Vendors
Recommended Safety Equipment
- COMMON SENSE
- Beware of Pinch Points.
- The heated bed gets hot.
- The nozzle gets hot too.
Prior to each use
- X and Y belts are taut
- Filament loaded properly
- Print surface prepped: (PET with ABS solution for ABS printing/Bare glass for PLA/Garolite or cellulose based material for Nylon)
- Home all axes prior to using the manual movement controls
After each use
- Clean bed of any left over filament.
- If using personal filament reload the space filament and prime the nozzle by bringing it to temp and verifying extrusion.
- Home all axes
- Power off the printer using the power switch on the left hand side of the printer (for now)
Please leave a donation for any printer use. Filament costs on average $50 a kg (2.2lb) with shipping. Please leave a dollar or two for each hour the print takes. You can donate by giving cash to a board member, with paypal or with purchasing filament. Make a donation now. Please purchase reels for ease of use and stability. Coiled filament will work but can be a pain.
|Board||Firmware||Hot end||Installed nozzle diameter||Motors||Belts||Pulleys||Extrusions||Heated Bed||Glass Bed|
|RAMBo v1||Marlin 1.0||Budaschnozzle 1.2||0.5mm||NEMA 17||GT2||GT2 16 tooth||Misumi 2020||Prusa PCB Heater MK1||Borosilicate with PET film|
DO NOT CHANGE/MODIFY/ALTER without checking with Claudio/Orias first.
|Motor||Steps||Max Length||Microstep Mode||Digipot|
|E0 (Extruder 1)||408||NA||8||135|
|100k Honeywell Thermistor||6.8 Ohm|
Known good working Slic3r configurations will be stored on MidsouthMakers GitHub
- Navigate to where ever you would like to sync the contents to
- In a terminal window issue the following command:
- Once synced, run Slic3r and load the desired configuration.
OctoPrint webcam streamStatus: Not working
Ben Cliff Dan Joe Reese Dru Claudio Mark Andrew Dan
- 6/20/2013 Replaced small herringbone gear on extruder stepper motor. Lost one gear tooth after ~13lb of filament.
- 6/21/2013 Replaced PET print surface.
- 10/24/2013 Haksaw replaced wiring harness and connectors for the hotend.