From MidsouthMakers - Memphis Area Hackerpace
Conditional Auto Tweeter written in PHP
- Using OAuth Library by Matt Harris: https://github.com/themattharris/tmhOAuth
- Running via CLI PHP
- Design an application to use Matt Harris' library as a function to auto tweet events based on existing conditions
- TBD - Source Currently Unavailable
- Build a HTTP request with the following variables
- source (Your Source - predetermined)
- secret (Your secret - predetermined)
- post_date (When the tweet should be posted + 5 minutes)
- content (this is what you want tweeted)
- $_POST or $_GET methods should work in the same manner.
- Execute the request
- Currently debugging information is turned on.
- Please report any errors.
- Using MidsouthMakersDev Twitter account
- Able to be run from the command line to post static tweets.
- Able to be run from a url to post static tweets.
- Checks pending table and checks if their post date < current time
- Cron running every 30 minutes to post any pending
- If there is an error with a tweet it will try to tweet it $attempts times (Default 3)
- If it is unable to be tweeted (Error Code != 200) after $attempts times it is deleted from pending and added to history with the last error code
To Be Done
- Perhaps ability for source to query their tweets based on history/pending?
Need to ensure response code making it back to userSolved By: Impossible since we're always tweeting into the future. Refer to ability of source to query their history
Need to handle adding to pending table
Need to handle adding to history
Need to handle Remove from pending
Cron local system to test for pending tweets
Need to provide fallback if no $post_date supplied.
Need to add warning if $content > 160 characters OR Blank.Solved by: they're using a twitter api, they should self limit <= 160 characters
Need ensure $content is not NULL in addpending()Solved by: checking if $content = before addpending()
Log post attempts? Check error codes so we're not hammering away at twitterSolved by: $attempts checking: default 3
- Take input from multiple sources
- Reliably validate source of all incoming data
- Use access list or secret hash to prevent abuse
- Pending Table
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `pending` ( `id` int(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `content` varchar(160) NOT NULL, `post_date` datetime NOT NULL, `added` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, `source` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `attempts` int(1) NOT NULL, `last_error_code` int(3) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;
- History Table
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `history` ( `id` int(6) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `content` varchar(160) NOT NULL, `post_date` date NOT NULL, `added` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, `source` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `response_code` int(4) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;
- Secrets Table
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `secrets` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `source` varchar(255) NOT NULL, `secret` varchar(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 ;