Mid-South Makers First X-Annual Make-In
The Mid South Makers Artist Ghetto is proud to announce the
Mid-South Makers' First x-Annual* Make-In
The Make-In will be 24 hours of concentrated space-based making from 12 noon on Saturday, March 17 until 12 noon on Sunday March 18. Come to the space and
- Start and/or finish the projects you've been putting off.
- Inspire, and be inspired by, other makers' projects and progress.
- Stay 24 hours, or drop by as you can.
- Use the space as a maker with other makers.
- All members are invited.
* where x is whatever increment we feel like
Date and Time
12 noon on Saturday, March 17 to 12 noon on Sunday March 18.
All MSM members are invited to participate. Non-members may come by as guest of a on-site member after signing a waiver.
The following makers are participating:
Moss graffiti group project, led by Rachel
- LED dog collar
- weather balloon camera
The event is really geared toward individual member's projects but we will also have:
- 1 p.m. - moss graffitti group project on the south wall of the courtyard. Probably the MSM logos.
- 6 p.m. - Introduction to the Shop. Dru will demonstrate most of the tools in the shop.
- 12 midnight - halfway point beer garden.
Food and Consumables
- deli trays for making sandwiches. Ben volunteered to barbecue some hamburgers and hotdogs if people want to chip in.
- soft drinks
- beer for the bier garden
- paper towels and toilet paper
- Lamps to warm the native fluorescent lighting. Judith brought a lamp to the space on 2/24. Rachel and Dru also have lamps.
- Countdown clock for the space and for the web site. Launch Memphis is lending us a countdown clock for the event. Roy is picking it up the Thursday before the event (3/15/2012).
Pandora in random playlist