Meeting notes 2011-11-04
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|<< 2011-10-21||Meeting Minutes||2011-11-18 >>|
Members in Attendance: 12
- Chris P
- Mark Turnage & son
- Harriett & Max (Friends that Judith brought - both filled out liability release forms)
- Really smart guy whose name I can't remember
- Current Funds: ~$2400 after paying rent
- Current # Paying Members: 34
- "1(?) Probationary member that comes out of prob in a week or 2? I think his name was chris?" - Claudio
- Please donate for events, join in and participate in events.
- LAN Party
- Talked about Minecraft Tournament and winners. Showed picture of my trophy (http://i.imgur.com/YlQ2A.jpg) and explained how Dan used Sonny's laser to etch them.
- Everyone was pleased with the turn out.
- Artist Involvement
- We want to stir up activity of the artistic individuals in the group. It would be nice to provide them with a little more benefit from the group as well.
- Next artist meeting: 11/9, 6:30pm-7:30pm at the space
- Skydog Con
- November 4th - 6th in Nashville
- We have a booth (Showed pic from con: http://i.imgur.com/EjHdB.jpg)
- Explained that we are doing 3D printer demonstrations
- Sonny will be giving a presentation, and Dan & Claudio are there as well.
- RepRap Build Off
- Possible build off of several repraps by means of a bulk order
- Hope to do so in Nashville, sometime after Skydog Con
- Events Poll
- HAM Radio class 8 32%
- Bath Salts and Balms gift class 6 24%
- Soldering: Boarduino (again) 8 32
- Intro to the Linux Shell - Screen and Irssi 8 32%
- Simple Website creation / Design / Marketing 7 28%
- Printed Circuit Board Fabrication / Etching 18 72%
- OpenVZ Virtual Machines - Linux Usage 7 28%
- Cisco II Class 9 36%
- Welding Class 15 60%
- Analog Photography class 8 32%
- Next Board Meeting: 11/28
- Members welcome
- What is everyone up to?
- Home brew beer is available please consider helping out with costs of the next batch of ingredients.
- Nominations Nov 1st-7th
- Voting Dec 1st-7th
- Details outlined: http://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/a/Membership_rules#Yearly_Elections
Comes to Order @
Meeting Adjourned @