Meeting notes 2010-03-05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|<< 2010-02-26||Meeting Minutes||2010-03-12 >>|
This meeting is missing the attendance list.
See Flicker for pictures
- Board Members
- We've elected them
- Duties have been distributed, hopefully we'll see more happening faster
- Non Profit Explanations
- We now have a tax id, bank account coming
- Explanation of why we have decided to move forward with 501(c)(3)
- As soon as the cyber assistant is available we will file for 501(c)(3)
- $200 total will be needed to file
- We're getting cramped in here!
- Any ideas on new space to look into?
- If anyone has any suggestions please get contact information and share back with John
- We need some web content to ramp up our site
- Projects are great for this
- Write up your own
- We'll help you write it up
- Pictures are a necessity too!
- Projects of anyone to show off?
- MidSouth Con!
- Daniel will not be able to attend Sunday, could someone take his place that day
Comes to Order @ 7:15 PM
- Introduction of the elected officers.
- John would like to reschedule his birthday to June.
- We jumped in / crashed the 2600 meeting, welcome to the memebers that stayed for our meeting.
- We have our EIN number now, we'll be able to get a bank account.
- We're going to form as a 501c3, we're going to wait until the online application comes out so it is much cheaper to
file. $850 to file VS $200.
- We have looked at other locations but staying with republic coffee.
- Homework: 1 idea for a weekly meeting place.
- Potential meeting space: Broadway Pizza, large side room, very good pizza. Large room compared to Republic.
- Potential Bluff City Electronics.
- Website, we need content ideas / content / projects.
- Blog posts for weekly meetings.
- Chris's project: Home Made ravioli.
- John has our own midsouth makers window Decals. $5 donation for the decal. The $5 also waived when we start collecting dues.
- Daniel showing off Mary's Scarf prototype.
- Greg's handmade multilayered bracelet.
- John explains vinyl printing and glass etching application.
- For Joe to do: word press page for a decal.
- possibly set up a store to process our own wares.
- How do we accept payments and retain non-profit?
- Midsouthcon! who can work our table. Jim and Daniel will attend.
- We're still having a meeting despite midsouthcon.